Lewisville United Methodist Church is looking for a part time Worship Leader, for its’ contemporary worship service, to model and lead heartfelt worship in an invitational style – that draws people in, encourages participation, and points to Jesus Christ. The Worship Leader will work closely with the Senior Pastor, Pastor of Discipleship and the Director of Music in developing a new contemporary worship service format. This person will lead, resource, develop and implement a dynamic music program for the contemporary service.
Responsibilities include the following:
- In consultation with the Pastors, incorporate music consistent with the theme of the worship service and the Christian seasons.
- Participate in the worship service as a singer and instrumentalist.
- Lead and hold regular rehearsals with the Praise Band in preparation for Sunday and to cultivate a Christ-centered community.
- Help to identify musical talent and recruit singers and musicians in to serve as part of the Praise Band.
- Be continuously on the lookout for where God might be calling our congregation and our musicians to grow in new expressions of worship.
- Coordinate and communicate the program schedule in a timely manner.
- Develop, compile and coordinate projected images for worship services.
- Provide a music budget request yearly that reflects growth and needs of the program.
- Experience in leading contemporary worship
- Strong musical abilities, both performing and teaching
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people
- Experience in coordinating projects and managing volunteers
- Capacity to encourage and motivate others
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage a variety of tasks
- Good computer and technology skills
- Experience with video editing a plus
- Self-educator, able to learn new equipment/software
Job Type: Part-time, 15 hours/week
Contact: Elise Ward
Church/Org/Business Name: Lewisville United Methodist Chuch
Address: 6290 Shallowford Rd. Lewisville 27023